WHAT IS SUSTAIN 2500
Sustain 2500 is a unique and patented processing aid used to control and reduce carbonation during the filling process and manufacture of Carbonated Drinks.
Watch the video
- Carbonated beverages are supersaturated with carbon dioxide
- Release of gas results from nucleation of bubbles
- The Carbon Dioxide Gas undergoes disproportionation and is forced from smaller bubbles into larger ones
- The larger bubbles then rise to the surface (with surface active antifoams, the bubbles immediately burst when they reach the surface of the beverage)
- Additives can be absorbed onto the surface of the bubble
- Gas now has to travel through a surfactant film encapsulating the bubble
- Rate of gaseous diffusion is significantly reduced
- Potential for fobbing is inhibited
About the Stephenson Group
Stephenson Group have been developing creative solutions since 1856.
Innovation along with Research and Development is at the heart of Stephenson Group’s growth; this is the core of our business. Our future depends on our ability to adapt and develop quickly to answer trends and meet demands faster than our competitors.
Stephenson Group continues to re-invest, self assess and drive innovation, as such creativity is welcomed. With two advanced laboratories Stephenson Group offers customers a full support program, with a research and development lab focusing on new technology, industrial chemical processes and innovation. If you would like to discuss an innovative project you have in mind, please get in touch.
Stephenson Innovation is now one of the world’s leading suppliers of speciality ingredients. Supported by years of technical expertise, we combine innovation with a flexible approach to deliver tailor made, cost effective, solutions for various specific applications. Contact us for further information on our product range & capability.